SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you guys seen this yet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:59 pm GMT    Post subject: Have you guys seen this yet? Reply with quote

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1997078/marvel-dice-masters-avengers-vs-x-men
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:36 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own any (and may skip it) but I've heard a little about it. If this is the one I think it is they sold out on a very short period of time. They also have an interesting booster concept. Two dice for a dollar or something similar. I don't know how they can do that. The overhead of packaging would kill your profit per unit.
loligarchy
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played it once, and if you ever played Quarriors this is basically a collectible version of that game. The dice are really small and aren't terribly high quality, the boosters are about $2 and contain 2 dice and 2 cards for those dice. The packaging is plastic similar to card game booster packaging and has nothing really protecting the dice or the cards other than the cardboard gravity dispenser that the boosters are encapsulated in, so it is really easy for the quality of the rare cards to become compromised.
They are also planning a very aggressive expansion campaign across multiple intellectual properties in a short period of time, so we'll see how well the format holds up. Personally I think the game has several unnecessary rules and I don't like cheap dice, so I'm not really interested in the product.
One thing of note is that the starter pack has a very novel setup and I think really good idea. They basically include several copies of most of the dice in the game in their starters and then you receive copies of the common variety of the cards. Basically, each one of the dice has a corresponding card that modifies how it functions. Each one of the dice has a common version, an uncommon version and a rare version. There are also super rare versions of several dice, in which case they have a common, rare and super rare and there is no uncommon.
While I'm not particularly interested in the game itself, the marketing for it has been top notch and it certainly took a very novel take on the traditional collectible model most card games.
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read it is a Quarriors offshoot. I'll probably get it (more likely I'll get the D&D version coming out soon) because we enjoy Quarriors as a quickie game. However, the quality of the dice is embarrassingly bad. If SFR ever produced something that shoddy, I'd have to post apologies on every board I can think of. But WizKids has the marketing budget to really push the game.
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:53 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to market more, but that takes money.

To keep this game alive we are run on a very lean cash only budget. It's a catch-22. It keeps alive , but it also limits the rate if growth.

After this super power product this year I think we have to do a new race to show original growth. Time to dust off my concepts.
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
I think we have to do a new race to show original growth. Time to dust off my concepts.

Sounds like these make me very happy :3

F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Totally off-topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: