SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The end of Steve & Joe's World

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:54 am GMT    Post subject: The end of Steve & Joe's World Reply with quote

I just learned that my good friend and fellow creator of Dragon Diceâ„¢ mayhem Joe Joiner passed away yesterday evening. For the Dragon Diceâ„¢ community, Joe will be remembered as a tireless promoter of the game, a respected writer, and a former member of the SFR Board of Directors. Mostly, though, I think he would want us to remember him as was here in S&JW, an irreverent commentator on the game and those of us who played it.

I thought about locking S&JW, but I think I will leave it open for a while so others can comment here, and also so those of you who understand what Joe used to do here can give it a try. I think, for this community, that would be a fitting memorial.

Joe's Dragon Diceâ„¢ novel Chill Wind is still available in the Amazon Kindle store, so make sure you get a copy and read it. It will tell you a lot about Joe, and I still (in my only slightly biased opinion) think it is the best Dragon Diceâ„¢ novel ever written.

So, in his memory, a one-trebuchet salute, sending our beloved creation into the blue once more...

-----

Chguck awoke with a start. What me doing up here? he thought. (Of course, it took him about five full minutes to actually organize that thought, such as it was, since he was still quite groggy from the grog he had imbibed the previous night.) He peered over the edge of his bed, and realized he wasn't in bed at all, but rather in the bucket of a trebuchet. (Not that Chguck called it a trebuchet; he usually called it something like "big springy thing that throws rocks.") He heard mournful trumpets off in the distance.

Suddenly the trebuchet activated, and Chguck found himself hurtling at a rather high speed up into the air. "NOT AGAIN!!!!" he screamed, as the ground below faded away and he found himself among the clouds.

Chguck grabwuked.
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)

Last edited by ddicerc on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:50 am GMT; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

-The pen is truly mightier than the sword-

I still have not read all the flavor text from the SFR-2 player starter, as I was saving it...
or I should say, savoring it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Steve & Joe's World All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: