SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deutsche Regeluebersetzung
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armin
dragonmount

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:56 am GMT    Post subject: Deutsche Regeluebersetzung Reply with quote

Hallo an alle deutschsprachigen Forum Nutzer

schon verschiedentlich habe ich hier den Wunsch aus verschiedenen Laendern gehoert, die Regeln in die Landessprache zu uebersetzen. Fuer
einen Einzelnen ist das recht viel Arbeit. Ich denke aber das man eine Uebersetzung gemeinsam schaffen kann.

Interesse? Lust sich zu beteiligen?

Armin
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo Armin!
Ja, ich wollte mich auch schon dransetzen, aber momentan werfen grosse Ereignisse Ihre Schatten voraus (neuer Job!) und sollte alles so eintreffen wie geplant, dann hab' ich noch nicht mal Zeit für einen Teil davon! Entscheidet sich wahrscheinlich noch kommende Woche.
Vor zwei Tagen hätte ich noch gesagt ich hab' die komplette Übersetzung in 14 Tagen fertig, aber nun....!

Wir werden sehen...! Rolling Eyes

Spell checker goes "TILT" again!! Mr. Green

Some DD fans also go "TILT" because they can't find the "German translation for Leopard Rider"!!!
It's on page 4 or 5 of this thread, but for the lazy ones, here it is again:

LEOPARD RIDER (engl.) = LEOPARDREITER!!!!(in German)

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!

Last edited by Deeghter on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:26 pm GMT; edited 1 time in total
Armin
dragonmount

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macht ueberhaupt nichts, ich habe vor sechs Jahren mal begonnen und war auch schon fast fertig, da kommt es auf 14 Tage mehr auch nicht an Wink .
Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado USA "My dice are higher than your dice!"

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armin wrote:
Macht ueberhaupt nichts, ich habe vor sechs Jahren mal begonnen und war auch schon fast fertig, da kommt es auf 14 Tage mehr auch nicht an Wink .

Umm...... yeah! What he said! Mr. Green

This makes me believe I now know how other forumites feel when trying to figure out one of Steve or I's wackier posts. I just scratch my head and accept that it's here, even though I don't understand a word of it.

Most people are like Slinkies ...
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Armin
dragonmount

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:51 am GMT    Post subject: forum correctness Reply with quote

Sorry, it wasn' intended to upset any of the native english speakers.

This topic is to discuss with the german players, if we can make a german rules translation in team work.
Maybe with this it would be possible to regain the old world as a market for sfr.
By the way, who does the spanisch, french, italian ... (somewhere i read about dutch).

Armin

(This time the spell checker didn't have so many problems.)
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:53 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majiken wrote:
Armin wrote:

Umm...... yeah! What he said! Mr. Green

= doesn't matter at all, I began(translating them) six years ago and had almost completed it, so don't bother it taking 14 days more!

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado USA "My dice are higher than your dice!"

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:57 am GMT    Post subject: Re: forum correctness Reply with quote

Armin wrote:
Sorry, it wasn' intended to upset any of the native english speakers.

Sorry, it wasn't upsetting. Just another opportunity for Joe to step in and say something off the wall, as usual.

Okay, back to the South with me now! Wink

Most people are like Slinkies ...
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Armin
dragonmount

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:00 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're welcome

(maybe chuck thinks different)
Autpost
common
Stockholder

latvia.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already begun to write a dictionary Dragon Dice™ - German; German - Dragon Dice™. Since there will be a lot of comments it could be added to the German rules as some sort of glossary.

Most important for such a translation is that we all use the same German names. This probably has to go first.

What does Chuck prefer? Should it be an exact 1:1 translation of the advanced rules, or should we try to improve those rules and write them in our own way (of course without changing the rules)?

I've visited literature-workshops for several years but my problem is: Whenever I'm going to write something I tend to do it more perfect than Monk (from the TV series) (which leads to the point that I've got a lot of unfinished texts). Currently I have time to translate.
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:04 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autpost wrote:

What does Chuck prefer? Should it be an exact 1:1 translation of the advanced rules, or should we try to improve those rules and write them in our own way (of course without changing the rules)?

Well, my name's not Chuck but if I'm allowed to add my opinion, then I would say: Stay as close to the original text as possible! Of course some names or terms should be changed since they either don't work in German or simply sound pretty uncool (a fantasy game always seems to be supposed to have interesting, fantastic names).The Feral for example have no synonym in German, they would simply be called The Wild or The Beasts (for beasts sounding very boring in German. Beast is rather used to describe a bad behaving girl than a wild, fiery monster-like creature). Therefore you would have to come up with a totally different name without changing the meaning. But besides that I wouldn't try to "improve" the original or translate it "free", not to mention that this would mostly lead to 50% more pages! (rules are already complex enough!)

But that's just my personal opinion, dunno what the others think!

www.dragondicer.com
Armin
dragonmount

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same opinion to stick to the advanced rules as close as possible.
First I would start with the keywords of the game meaning all about the setup, marches..., Second the SAI and Spells. The names for the races and individual units (being the hardest for translation) should be last.
Armin
dragonmount

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:53 am GMT    Post subject: Was gibt es bereits? Reply with quote

Mir ist noch nicht klar, wer hier schon wieviel hat!

Ich habe folgendes:
- die ersten 44 Seiten des DCM komplett übersetzt mit den meisten Symbolen und Bildern als Word Dokument (ca. 6MB), alle Bilder sind drin. - einen Symbolführer mit fast allen Symbolen bis zu den Skaldern (wie ich sie damals nannte, klingt immer noch interessanter als Brüher) ebenfalls 6MB als word-dokument. Bei vielen Einheiten nur der Versuch einer Übersetzung.
- 7 Seiten Corel-Draw mit Zauberspruchkarten
Nachteil: alle Datein nicht up to date, da basierend auf dem DCM ca. 1999/2000

aktuell habe ich die Advanced Rules 1.5g (die neueste und laut Chuck wohl letzte für dieses Jahr als englische word-Datei ergänzt um
a) alle Symbole, einschließlich Treefolk und derer die TSR/SFR vergessen hat
b) der Dice Layouts wie im DCM, alle Symbole von mir neu gemacht
c) aktuell arbeite ich an einem Update der englischen FAQ aus dem DCM ergänzt um die Rules Changes von 2001 (offizell damals) und der nicht ganz so offiziellen FAQ bezüglich Magestrom, Scalder und Frostwings (seinerzeit von Dave Papay erstellt)
Die Datei ist mittlererweile auf 30MB angewachsen, Tendenz wegen der vielen Bilder steigen und da fehlt noch der History, Strategie und Collectors Part.

Mein Vorschlag ist immer noch, die aktuellen Advanced Rules von vorne beginnend nach den Keywords durchzuforsten, diese auf eine Liste zu packen, ggf. die "alte" TSR übersetzung ergänzen und dann gemeinsam einen neuen und endgültigen Gebrauch festzulegen.
Man könnte das (da wir wohl drei (naja vorerst zwei Mr. Green) zu sein scheinen) wie folgt aufteilen:
einer den Regeltext durchforsten
zweiter die SAI
dritter die Spells.

Andere Vorschläge?
anset
dragonsteed
Rep

belgium.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:47 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

I may be wrong but I think I remember that only the translations for the latest rules will get a place on the official SFR site.

Maybe the DDRC page has a place for translations of the older (DCM) rules...

I may be wrong though...

Anset
Armin
dragonmount

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
That's why I proposed to start with the newest rules. BTW I am curious who will be the the one to approve the translation as official?

forgot to log in, never knew a guest could post a message. Armin
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:14 am GMT    Post subject: Re: Was gibt es bereits? Reply with quote

Armin wrote:

Mein Vorschlag ist immer noch, die aktuellen Advanced Rules von vorne beginnend nach den Keywords durchzuforsten, diese auf eine Liste zu packen, ggf. die "alte" TSR übersetzung ergänzen und dann gemeinsam einen neuen und endgültigen Gebrauch festzulegen.

BINGO! Ich denke auch, daß es wenig Zweck hat, die alten Sachen aufzuwärmen und nachzuwürzen! (Schade um die viele Arbeit!!).
Aber mit den neuen Regeln von vorne zu beginnen verspricht wohl der schnellere Weg zu sein, außerdem wäre diese Vorgehensweise auch weniger fehleranfällig.

Dein bebildertes Regelwerk würde mich aber mal extremst interessieren, denn das Fehlen der Icons ist - finde ich - der einzige grosse Mangel an der ansonsten lobenswerten Regelverbesserung/ - erweiterung.

www.dragondicer.com
deputyfife
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:57 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admit it! You guys are planning to invade SFR Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
The German is just to disguise your plans from all of us Americans who couldn't bother to learn a second language. Smile
riolis
common
Rep

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you can't read German? guess that's something not everyone can do, I can't write it or speak it but can read it some what. Rolling Eyes
Mr. Green Fan Club Member Mr. Green
http://dragondice.ryanssaunders.com/
deputyfife
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:27 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

riolis wrote:
What you can't read German? guess that's something not everyone can do, I can't write it or speak it but can read it some what. Rolling Eyes

So are they making fart jokes or planning to conquer SFR using slingshots and their excess common dice?
Armin
dragonmount

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we will next on the way south Mr. Green or was it east Question

For everyone who needs help try

http://dict.leo.org/

it's a fantastic online dictionary english/german which i use sometimes
(no dieter, they don't know a nice word for feral and scalders either Crying or Very sad )
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armin wrote:
maybe we will next on the way south Mr. Green or was it east Question

It was EAST, Armin, E A S T Exclamation
There's only one guy who can speak German in the SOUTH! Mr. Green
So there won't be much entertainment in German for us down there! Who knows, we might even end up tied to a pole next to a campfire with two middle aged fellas jumping around the flames singing "Ach wie gut dass niemand weiss...." Laughing (What's the English translation for this sentence taken from the "Rumpelstilzchen" fairy tale??)

Is this topic going to be the "FAR EAST"?? Twisted Evil

www.dragondicer.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Translations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: