SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Demos with Dave" - Olympia WA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dproman
common
Rep Dragon

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 pm GMT    Post subject: "Demos with Dave" - Olympia WA Reply with quote

This Saturday I will be hosting a (last minute) "Dragon Diceâ„¢ Demos with Dave" at Olympic Cards & Comics in Olympia WA.
The event will be from 10a-12:30pm. I will be running demos and full games (if time allows).
I hope we can start a community up here.
Even before this event has happened, OC&C has invited me to come back to do another demo (with at least 2 weeks notice) in the future. It sounds like they're excited about the game. This is great news!
It's a 2 hour drive for me but it'll be worth it. Very Happy
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:05 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I thank you as always for your dedication!
dproman
common
Rep Dragon

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! Very Happy
I was going to be in Olympia for an indoor Rock Climbing competition anyway, so I thought I'd meetup with one of our new friends from PAX and play a few games. I contacted the store to make sure that there was space available for us to play and a demo event was created from that conversation, it was awesome! I hope all goes well.
dproman
common
Rep Dragon

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 players attended this event, but we also had several curious "lookers", that stopped by and asked questions.

"capricioushooligan" and I were able to play 1 intense teaching/learning game! He played Goblins and I played Dwarfs. I brought a Dragon's Lair terrain and Hybrid Dragons, both added confusion to the game, which I had a difficult time playing/explaining correctly.
Hybrid Dragons:
Hybrid breath came up twice on his armies. I don't think I resolved them correctly. First time, I chose Red breath for immediate (unit) damage but did not apply long term (army) effect-blue breath. Second time, I chose Blue breath for immediate damage (unit) and then applied long term (army) effect-blue breath.
OK, I just re-read the rules section and answered my own question. First example, I resolved it incorrectly. Second example, I think I resolved it correctly.
Dragon's Lair:
The 8th face ability was used on several turns allowing me to summon a dragon. The question was, can the Dragon's Lair summon a dragon from anywhere or just from the summoning pool? The rules use the words ANY Dragon. I assumed that to mean any dragon from anywhere. Was this correct? I know that there are several threads discussing this issue, but was unable to find them.

Game result - the Dwarfs were beat up a little early on in the game, only to attrition back, gain the Dragon's Lair 8th face, drop dragons, whittle the Goblins away that allowed the Dwarfs to gain second 8th face for the victory.

I do need to practice my rules better prior to an event. Since I primarily run demos, I kept forgetting things like racial abilities (which is important when Goblin/Swamps and Dwarf/Highlands are being played).

Thanks again for the great game! Very Happy
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the breaths are now in two parts: the part that affects 5 health of units (i.e. unit damage) and the part that affects the army. So with Hybrid Dragons, the unit damage is chosen by the dragon owner, the army part has both parts applied. Note that both Ivory and Red have no army-affecting effect.

Dragon's Lair allows you to move dragons with a matching color around either from the summoning pool or a terrain. I don't think this has ever come up in the forum. Note that the Dragon's Lair cannot affect Ivory. It can affect an Ivory Hybrid if the elemental color of the dragon matches one of the terrain colors. That includes black, if a Deadlands is cast on the Dragon's Lair.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
dproman
common
Rep Dragon

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Chuck for the clarification and explanation. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: