SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for dicers in South Louisiana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Looking for other players?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RottyB

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:51 am GMT    Post subject: Looking for dicers in South Louisiana Reply with quote

I bought my first dice back in the late 90's just because they looked cool. I was never quite able to teach myself or anyone else to play. About a month ago while moving me and my wife stumbled across my dice and we decided to learn and play. Now I am hooked, my wife plays too, but for me the entirety of my free time has become consumed by it.

I'm looking for other players in my area. While I am trying to spread my love of Dragon Diceâ„¢ to the small network of gamers I know, I'm even considering becoming a rep once I feel comfortable enough with my experience to do so, I'd love to find local dicers to play with.

So any one in south Louisiana play Dragon Diceâ„¢ Question
Elderdie
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:17 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

What city do you live in?
RottyB

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:20 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Thibodaux. I was looking to see if there are any players in the area here even as far as Baton Rouge or New Orleans.
Elderdie
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Lake Charles area way way on the other side hate to say
RottyB

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's quite a distance. As I said I was looking to possibly become a rep since I seen there weren't any in my area. I want to polish up my understanding of the deeper intricacies of the game before I jump into demoing. I've been making a list of possible game stores to try and sweet talk into letting me demo there. I've also emailed Mechacon (the annual anime convention in New Orleans) about reserving a table in their table top section for demoing next year. All of this however is a work in progress.

I assume there aren't many players in your area either. Practically the one player I know is my wife. I've showed the game to a couple of friends other than that no one has heard of it.
Elderdie
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:33 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no players in my area, which was why I was excited to hear someone else from la. But oh well Sad
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:46 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

RottyB wrote:
I've been making a list of possible game stores to try and sweet talk into letting me demo there. I've also emailed Mechacon (the annual anime convention in New Orleans) about reserving a table in their table top section for demoing next year. All of this however is a work in progress.
At that point you basically ARE a rep already. Smile
Elderdie
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:06 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mechacon pretty good place to demo alot of people from around la go there.
RottyB

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to read the vote of approval in my approach, Cliff.

Yeah I wish it were that we were closer I'd love to branch out to other players that I haven't taught/learned with. I did think Mechacon would be a good platform, as you said it does draw a crowd from far and wide. When I was there this year those gaming rooms were packed. Hopefully I can weasel my way on there since they should post me in the program with the other games, attracting new players as well as other dicing vagabonds who haven't found a home in our neck of the woods.

I depending on my situation come that time I was thinking of buying some product to peddle even if that means paying a vendor fee to the convention. Who knows I may be well doing that long before then in my attempts to spread my love of the dice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Looking for other players? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: