SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few Dragon Diceā„¢ questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harkovast
dragonfoal

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:23 pm GMT    Post subject: A few Dragon Diceā„¢ questions. Reply with quote

1- Do all monsters/unit dice have the same rarity?
When I buy a pack are all monsters equal rarity? Or are there some that are less likely to show up? I get the impression they are all the same, which would be good, but I just wanted to be clear.

2- In the rules it talks about King Dice for each of the first five sides, but these don't seem to be available in the store.
Are there any plans to release these dice as a set? Or perhaps even make versions of them for all the other sides?

3- Is there any possibility of selling more individual dice like you do for the dragons or some of the promotionals, so it would be possible to get particular dice there were needed?

Thank you.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:19 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: A few Dragon Diceā„¢™ questions. Reply with quote

harkovast wrote:
1- Do all monsters/unit dice have the same rarity?
When I buy a pack are all monsters equal rarity? Or are there some that are less likely to show up? I get the impression they are all the same, which would be good, but I just wanted to be clear.

See this topic: http://sfr-inc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3975

harkovast wrote:
2- In the rules it talks about King Dice for each of the first five sides, but these don't seem to be available in the store.
Are there any plans to release these dice as a set? Or perhaps even make versions of them for all the other sides?

There is only one Kings' Die. It is no longer in production. We have no plans to make more at this time. See this topic: http://sfr-inc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3765

harkovast wrote:
3- Is there any possibility of selling more individual dice like you do for the dragons or some of the promotionals, so it would be possible to get particular dice there were needed?

No. SFR sells packaged dice sets that are random for the most part. There are a number of secondary markets for individual dice. There is also a section of this forum set aside just to setup trades (no selling!).
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
harkovast
dragonfoal

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh cool thanks for that. I thought some of those questions may have been asked before but I would have had no idea where to find the answers.

The rarity on the scalders nad frost wings kinda seems screwed up. It seems to limit the different ways people can play with those factions.
I would have prefered a completley flat rarity for the same types of dice, but it is what it is.
harkovast
dragonfoal

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is that why the promo versions with different colours vary in price?
Because more are produced in each batch?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

More because some of those promos were made 12 years ago, and some only a couple of years ago. Prices for dice have not gone down....

And some are simply batches that had some problems. See this topic: http://sfr-inc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2932
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
harkovast
dragonfoal

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the rarities, it seems like TSR kinda spoiled the later sides.
Monsters are cool but I can live with them being harder to get, but for the basic D6's that make up the sides seems unfair.
If you want to use magic with those sides you basically have no chance of getting the rare wizards. 3% is so low it seems to not even be worth chasing.
You'd need 30 packs to be likely to get one.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:03 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

harkovast wrote:
Looking at the rarities, it seems like TSR kinda spoiled the later sides.

I agree.

We've done several 'polls' with the players over whether we should 'fix' the rarity of those two races or not and the answer has always been to leave it as it is and produce something new. The cost to fix a few existing dice is close to what a new race would be. So that is what we have continued to do.
harkovast
dragonfoal

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would vote to redo those ones myself, but I'm a completionist.
The idea of having a side that doesn't work right just irks me!
IRKS I SAY!

But its not the end of the world.
Those sides can still be played, but if you want to play them at a very high level you will struggle. For casual play they are fine.

Something funny.

Years ago I got my first pack of Swamp Stalkers and (havingt seen the awesome fireshadow) I was expecting a pretty strong monster.
But what I got was some goofy toad thing with only one SAI and a random mix of abilities that made it totally unrealiable.
As a kid I was pretty disappointed that my snake mutants had such a lame beasty. I opened some more later and got some better monsters, so that made up for it, but I always remembered him as the lame one.

I only just realise you only have a 2.5% chance of getting a Ormyrr and its by far the rarest dice that I own.
I under estimated that little toadie all these years!
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

harkovast wrote:

I only just realise you only have a 2.5% chance of getting a Ormyrr and its by far the rarest dice that I own.
I under estimated that little toadie all these years!

This isn't the trade thread, but through some odd circumstances that is one of only two dice I don't have (I'm a competition as well). If you still have it and want to bump up the rest of your collection send me a PM and we can work out a trade.
harkovast
dragonfoal

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Mr Toad (also know as the Toadaronie and the battle toad around here) but I'm open to the idea of trading him.
I'll send you a message shortly.
harkovast
dragonfoal

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:39 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question.
With the build your own starter set you get dragons that match the colours of the armies.
If I chose amazons, does that mean I would get two ivory coloured dice?
Sorry if thats a silly question, I just wanted to make sure how it works.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a silly question at all.

I'd love to do that, but I don't think I have enough ivory dragons to do that.

Amazons can cast based on the color of the terrain, so really any color would match except for Black.

Chuck, do you agree?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:55 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: