SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Okay, I'll ask .... Dragons attack "BOTH" armies?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe October
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:53 am GMT    Post subject: Okay, I'll ask .... Dragons attack "BOTH" armies? Reply with quote

Doesn't that seem to be a tactical mistake?

Yea, I know in the situation where you are losing and this is a chance for you to survive but normally ..... wouldn't a dragon just be a irritation?

(For the thing that game is named after, it would seem that the Dragons should be ... I don't know ... useful?)

Flame away if this is a noob mistake (that's me!!!)
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:03 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say that tactics or strategy are 'wrong' or 'right', but we can make generalizations.

The concept is that dragons can be summoned, but are strong enough that they can't be controlled. They do what they want to do and what they want to do is eat you.

Nothing says you have to stay at a terrain that you summon a dragon too. It is ultra common to summon the dragon and then retreat all your units away from that terrain.

There are also times where you may feel strong enough to face the dragon, but your opponent at the same terrain is weaker. Thus you could choose to stay at the terrain.

Or you might want the dragon promotion benefit, so you summon it to slay it yourself.

So, if you have a weak army and summon a dragon at your terrain and choose to stay there and face it. Yeah, that was a mistake and we will probably smirk at you across the table. However, it is not always the wrong decision depending on the specific game circumstances.
Joe October
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:09 am GMT    Post subject: Good Stuff Reply with quote

Well said.

I've never seen that in the tutorials and such. I suppose after a few dozens games, these things will become more apparent to me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: