SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Dragon Diceā„¢ Crossroads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhev

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:14 am GMT    Post subject: A Dragon Diceā„¢ Crossroads Reply with quote

Back in the proverbial day I bought a Dragon Diceā„¢ starter and a couple of undead kickers. I liked the game a lot and bought someone's collection on ebay. My friend and I played a lot for a few weeks. Then, my friend lost interest. I lived in a rural area in Ohio, so that was that.

Fast forward to probably 15+ years later - I live in Mississippi, and I just started playing Dungeons and Dragons again. I used some of my Dragon Diceā„¢ and especially Dragon Diceā„¢ items and artifacts in an adventure. It was a lot of fun!

I've looked up the updated rules and new products, and I'm trying to decide what to do with my collection. I could sell it all and say a reluctant, sad goodbye to the game. I could keep some of my dice - items that are easily usable elsewhere and some basic armies that can be used with variant rulles. I could keep everything, but stop here. Or, I could just buckle up and say goodbye to all of my money, diving head first back into the fray.

Anyhow, I'll likely be lurking around the forums quite a bit while I figure out what to do with my dice hoard. Just wanted to say hello!
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:31 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

Traditionally this is a quite time of year as people travel to see family, etc.

Things will liven up in January.

I have a personally preference to the decision you make, but it is a bit biased. Twisted Evil
Pogomogo
dragonfoal

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:14 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can say that as a grown up fan of games (Dragon Diceā„¢ being one of many) with disposable income, I chose the 'say goodby to all my money' option.

Not literally 'all', but I've been collecting under the auspices that finding someone willing to play would mean me having to supply the dice to play. So, I've accumulated quite the collection of dice, all races, albeit with some of the rare dice being few or uncollected to date.

As of yet, recently moving to the District of Columbia, I haven't found a troupe of players yet. Would be nice to shake the dust off the dice though...
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:47 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pogomogo wrote:

As of yet, recently moving to the District of Columbia, I haven't found a troupe of players yet. Would be nice to shake the dust off the dice though...

I believe you are relatively close to JohnK and BlueWizard? guys?
bluewizard
uncommon
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:13 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that would be close to us. I live in Northern VA. When you get to DC you can always hit me up I will be happy to play some!
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pogomogo wrote:
Well, I can say that as a grown up fan of games (Dragon Diceā„¢™ being one of many) with disposable income, I chose the 'say goodby to all my money' option.

Not literally 'all', but I've been collecting under the auspices that finding someone willing to play would mean me having to supply the dice to play. So, I've accumulated quite the collection of dice, all races, albeit with some of the rare dice being few or uncollected to date.

Well I live in Baltimore, if you wanted to meet at Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie id be happy to roll some armies against ya. Mr. Green
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pogomogo wrote:
Well, I can say that as a grown up fan of games (Dragon Diceā„¢™ being one of many) with disposable income, I chose the 'say goodby to all my money' option.

Well I live in Baltimore, if you wanted to meet at Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie id be happy to roll some armies against ya. Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Dice discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: