SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spell and SAI cards 3.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Spell and SAI cards 3.0 Reply with quote

I put these together today and figured I'd share them. It's in a Word file so it could easily be customized. These are based on the 3.0 rules. It includes the spells, as well as cards for longer lasting SAI effects. I designed them to be used with Avery 28877 business cards. If there are any changes from literal wording, I tried to ensure they would not change any meanings. Any artwork belongs to SFR. (It's just icons from dice and the rules). Hope someone will get use out of them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzyDn5U96cE9SWJnSG8zS1pTZFU/view?usp=drivesdk

Love this game.....
marcus1679
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the idea of having something like this for easy reference.

There are a few things that seemed off about the cards though.

1) For the Death spells, the casting costs don't show up on screen (for me at least). Black digits on black background may be the problem (?).

2) Not all the SAIs were done.

3) It shows as a 7 page document, but page 7 is blank (again, may just be for me).

This is just constructive criticism, so the problems can be dealt with and corrected.
MikeD
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:08 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the hard work.
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:30 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus, did you try downloading it? I have this weird thing where looking at the document while it's still on Google docs makes certain things unreadable. I designed them on word, and they were just fine there, and printed just fine. I also had the seventh page,and I haven't figured out how to eliminate that yet. I think it has something to do with tables.

I didn't do all SAI'S, because many of them are instantaneous effects. The way 3.0 is written, you can just line up your SAI's in the order you will apply them, and do so. The cards were for effects that extend find the current combat action, so they aren't forgotten. I left the file as editable, though, so anyone could add anything they wanted
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:41 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the feedback I got, I made a few changes. I figured out how to eliminate the trailing page. Additionally, I added text for the colors, so they could be used by colorblind people.

Marcus, I definitely see what you are talking about. It also shows in some of the reds where the white text appears black. I don't know why. In any case, it should not look that way if you download the file.

Here's a picture of the final product, ready for use...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzyDn5U96cE9RklNaW10Y2ZXZmM

Enjoy!
marcus1679
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do need to apologize for something. After reading your initial post again, I see that you mentioned the SAIs only being for ones with a duration. I must have missed that the first time around (part tired, part sick from something going around). So, my apologies for that.

As for the other things I mentioned, it may have been the program I use. The makers of it claim it is fully compatible with Word, but there have been times when things don't "mix well" between the two (as far as viewing files is concerned). This was one of those times.

Aside from that though, the picture you posted a link to makes the final product look very nice indeed. Good job on that. <insert>
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:35 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and thanks Mike and Marcus!
virtualflesh
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

shepdog69 wrote:
Here's a picture of the final product, ready for use...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzyDn5U96cE9RklNaW10Y2ZXZmM

Enjoy!

shepdog69, well done. I'm a new kid in these parts and I cherish the community-provided content. It's remarkable.
virtualflesh
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frustration got the better of me. I was having much trouble trying to view and print the Word doc that 60 minutes later a PDF and Open Document Text emerged. See linked if interested.

shepdog69, I respectfully contribute this to your cause.

http://delectare.org/binary/Cards2a.pdf
http://delectare.org/binary/Cards2a.odt
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks virtualflesh, and welcome to the community (I'm pretty new too). Looks like the bottoms got cut off for some of them. Making them n available in .PDF is a good idea. I redid the pdf from my originals, and they held the formatting. Hopefully they will print well

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzyDn5U96cE9RjFCTU9UYlQ0ZUE/view?usp=sharing
virtualflesh
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice update.

About a year ago, I created a single-sheet spell list for rules v2.9. In Aug this year, a v3.0 list was made. I believe it nicely accompanies these spell cards.

Topic link: http://sfr-inc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=67703
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:14 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never played with the 2.9 rules. It's amazing how many more spells there were. I first played in 2003. I liked the game, but didn't really catch the fever until this year when I found my dice.
marcus1679
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:19 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again. I just tried printing a copy of these spell cards and something went wrong.

I used the recommended type/style of business card, but the printing was off by a small amount. There ended up being a gap between the perforations and the edge of the spell/SAI descriptions. This gap was around the outer edge (the center horizontal line was fine). So the center two cards on each page were fine (except for the upper or lower gap), but this caused the other columns to be pushed in somewhat.

As I said, I did use the recommended type/style business card. I made sure to print the document in portrait orientation (almost didn't catch that before pressing print). So I am unsure of what went wrong.

This is just for a heads up so anyone else doesn't get such an error (hopefully).
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post pics of how the cards came out? It's hard to visualize. Also, did you use the word file or PDF?
marcus1679
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get some pics up soon to show what happened.

As far as which file I used, it was the one linked in your comment on Tues, 20 Dec 2016 at 9:59 AM.

Oh, and one correction to my previous post. I said "portrait" orientation when I was referring to landscape. Whatever it's actually called, I used the one where a long side of the sheet would be the top. Regardless, the issue still happened.
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:02 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you printed from the PDF. I have not tried that. I only created this because virtualflesh was having issues with the word file. Still, once I see some pics, I may be able to troubleshoot the problem
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:55 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured it out. The first time that I tried to print it, one of the settings was "shrink oversized pages". This caused the entire thing to be shrunk just a little bit, and based on the photos you sent me, I'm pretty sure this is what it did when you printed it. You have to tell to print actual size. I don't have cardstock to check it, so before you print the whole thing, print to first page on plain paper and hold it behind the cardstock with backlighting to ensure all lines up. Good luck!
marcus1679
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I sent you the email with the pics, I started to wonder if I needed to do a size adjustment somehow. This confirms it.

Next time I try it I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the help.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:22 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus1679 wrote:
I started to wonder if I needed to do a size adjustment somehow.
that is such a common issue with printing pdf's.

I've done it several times when getting ready for conventions etc.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: