SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just 'inherited' a Dragon Diceâ„¢ collection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brgwings

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:01 am GMT    Post subject: Just 'inherited' a Dragon Diceâ„¢ collection Reply with quote

So last week a buddy of mine moved to a new city. He left me some of his larger board games that he didn't play anymore becuase he didn't want them taking up space in his new, and smaller, apartment.

One of the games he gave me is seven organizer trays of Dragon Diceâ„¢, some rulebooks, cards, and mat.

I came over here to see if anyone could tell me what I have. I have skimmed the rulebooks and to be honest, trying to make heads or tails of all the stuff here is putting me off a little. It's a lot.

So if there is anyone who would be so kind as to tell me maybe a little about what I have here and if it's worth keeping around or trying to trade off. I don't know if asking about a monetary value is against the rules here, but I'm curious. There has to be some value, it's a hell of a lot of dice.

Here is a link to some pictures I took of the lot:
https://imgur.com/gallery/K7sJ4

The containers at the end are just how the dice were stored before I took them out to take pictures, so I could put them back.

Any help would be fantastic! Thanks!
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:57 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the newest rules, they are much less confusing than putting it all together from the old booklets.

Take a look at the dice browser on the Dragon Diceâ„¢ part of the main website, I think that will help you figure out what you have.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
DScottOBrien
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:36 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you scored a nice selection of races and troops to get you started in getting a feel of how the game works.

as Chuckpint said, you will have a much easier time learning to play if you disregard the rules provided with this lot, and read the newest version.

congrats on your score, and hope to see you around here for a long time to come
Brgwings

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:30 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I'll check them out right now.

Any input of which of the non-dice components I should keep around or throw away?
Brgwings

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:33 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, wanted to add this question now:

With the starter rules, I see it says select 30 health worth of units. Is there a specific set of dice that come with a starter set that we should choose from?

Thanks again!
DScottOBrien
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brgwings wrote:
Awesome! I'll check them out right now.

Any input of which of the non-dice components I should keep around or throw away?

of the non-dice components, the Dice Commander's Manual is most worth holding on to, due to its scarcity, followed by the Dragon Shield for its usefulness in hiding your army construction and the counter chips for keeping track of certain spells. the rest are really only useful in an archival manner.
shepdog69
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brgwings wrote:
Sorry, wanted to add this question now:

With the starter rules, I see it says select 30 health worth of units. Is there a specific set of dice that come with a starter set that we should choose from?

Thanks again!

Not really. The point of the game is to build an army. Having a larger set gives you more options from which to choose. Due to promotion rules, having at least 1, 2, and 3 health point units of a race is helpful (you cannot promote from one race to another).

It's pretty open ended, other than no more than 1/2 of you health points can be magic units and/or items
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, you've got the old spiral bound rulebook. I remember that thing, it was a mess.

one of your little rulebooks has a signature on it. can you tell who that is that signed it?

and it looks like you may have one of the prototype black hunters from ... 2001? and several original inked scalders.

As for your question about specific starter dice. think of this like a miniatures game or a TCG where each die is a card in your deck.

prior to the start of a game you choose 30 points. each die has a point value based on it's size. there are 4 sizes of d6 and 1 size of d10.
DScottOBrien
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:04 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt notice the prototype hunter. if you are willing to trade it away, i may be able to help fill some holes in your collection. pm me if interested
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Help - Dragon Dice™ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: