SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avoidance roll in rules 4.0?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - 4.0 and Later
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FabienM
dragonfoal

france.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:02 am GMT    Post subject: Avoidance roll in rules 4.0? Reply with quote

I just came back to Dragon Diceâ„¢ and "upgraded" my rules and my gaming aids (french players here Wink ) to 4.0. In the older rules (before 3.0), for several SAI, results could be used in avoidance rolls (melee, missile,...). I didn't find the mention of avoidance neither in 3.0 nor in 4.0 rules. In the rewriting of the rules, these rolls have definitively disappeared?

If not, how to we deal with the SAI results that generate melee/missile/save results in melee/missile/save action : they count for their counterpart?
For example : SAI Web or Wall of Thorn Spell ask for the defending unit to roll melee results (what was once called avoidance rolls). If my unit that is defending rolls a Smite, do I count my results as melee results?

Anyway, I prefer from far this new set of rules more dynamic and in some aspects more thematic Smile
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just use the type of roll you need to make. For example, Hug tells you to roll the defending unit for "melee results". If the defending unit rolls an SAI, and that SAI functions during a melee roll, then it generates melee results. So to continue the example, if the defending unit rolled a Smite, during a melee roll, Smite generates melee results. Those happen to be unsavable melee results, but still are melee results.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
FabienM
dragonfoal

france.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:07 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK It is indeed clear to just focus on type of roll Smile
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - 4.0 and Later All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: