SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undead rules

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Old Rules Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Undead rules Reply with quote

Question 1: regarding Convert SAI:

For each "Convert" icon (=three on Vampires) the owner of that Undead army can choose one health worth of opposing units to either save or be killed. The player who plays Undead then can take as many health worth of units out of my (Firewalker) DUA to join his army.
May he take the (up to) three killed units for that or can he only choose units that have been in my DUA before the three killed units went into my DUA?

Question 2: regarding "Plague" SAI:

Does that work against Dragonkin or do they save automatically against "Plague". I guess they have to roll!? Again the same question as in the Dragonkin rules topic: Does "generate saves" in this case mean to roll saves?

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: Undead rules Reply with quote

Die(ter) wrote:
Question 1: regarding Convert SAI:

For each "Convert" icon (=three on Vampires) the owner of that Undead army can choose one health worth of opposing units to either save or be killed. The player who plays Undead then can take as many health worth of units out of my (Firewalker) DUA to join his army.
May he take the (up to) three killed units for that or can he only choose units that have been in my DUA before the three killed units went into my DUA?

Again, the rules say "defending army" not "opposing army". Those terms are not interchangeable. The attacking player (the one that just rolled Convert), chooses 3 health of units from the defending army. Those 3 health of units roll for saves. If any fail, a number health of Undead units equal to the number of health that failed to save, may be removed from the DUA to the attacking army.

Die(ter) wrote:
Question 2: regarding "Plague" SAI:

Does that work against Dragonkin or do they save automatically against "Plague". I guess they have to roll!? Again the same question as in the Dragonkin rules topic: Does "generate saves" in this case mean to roll saves?

Sure it works against dragonkin. But when they are rolled (and they must be rolled), they save unless they roll belly. In other words, there are easier units to kill than dragonkin. So there is no way that the attacking player is going to choose a dragonkin to Plague, but after that first roll (assuming the save fails), the defending player gets to pick the next unit to be Plagued. A dragonkin would be a very good choice.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: Undead rules Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
Die(ter) wrote:
The player who plays Undead then can take as many health worth of units out of my (Firewalker) DUA to join his army.

If any fail, a number health of Undead units equal to the number of health that failed to save, may be removed from the DUA to the attacking army.

Dieter, I am very glad you are playing one of my favorite races and one of my favorite dice.

I'd like to add to what chuck said (because I think you had an additional half asked question that needs to be clarified).

I got the impression that you thought that the units were moved from the players DUA who was converted upon. That would be incorrect. The units are moved from the DUA of the player doing the converting.
(i.e. the vampire is bring her own armies undead units back to life)

Other than obscure SAI's like Charm, unit's that you did not bring to the table do not end up on your side of the table.

DId I help or just make things worse?

maybe I shouldn't post at midnight (but I'm doing database maintenance for work so I'm awake anyway)
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:39 am GMT    Post subject: Re: Undead rules Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:

Again, the rules say "defending army" not "opposing army". Those terms are not interchangeable. The attacking player (the one that just rolled Convert), chooses 3 health of units from the defending army. Those 3 health of units roll for saves. If any fail, a number health of Undead units equal to the number of health that failed to save, may be removed from the DUA to the attacking army.

Oh, oh, I shouldn't play DD at 1:30 at night! Embarassed ! I misread the rules regarding the converted units!! And of course "opposing" and "defending" is not interchangeable!
Thanx, Chuck

chuckpint wrote:

Sure it works against dragonkin. But when they are rolled (and they must be rolled), they save unless they roll belly. In other words, there are easier units to kill than dragonkin. So there is no way that the attacking player is going to choose a dragonkin to Plague, but after that first roll (assuming the save fails), the defending player gets to pick the next unit to be Plagued. A dragonkin would be a very good choice.

They must be rolled! OK! That's what I wanted to know. Thank you for your help! Very Happy
You said "So there is no way that the attacking player is going to choose a dragonkin to Plague,...". Well, but he can if he wants to take the risk of being dependend on just rolling "belly"? (Of course it makes no sense if there are other units which are easier to kill, and there must be others, otherwise the DK wouldn't be there anymore)

Thanks again for helping me out with your advice! Very Happy

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:59 am GMT    Post subject: Re: Undead rules Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:

Dieter, I am very glad you are playing one of my favorite races and one of my favorite dice.

Undead are just about to become one of my favorite races! They're great! Razz But in this very example my wife played them because she was fed up with her Lava Elve army being wiped out by my favorite "Plague" SAI Laughing Laughing (I'm always very lucky with rolling that and she hardly get's saves!! Hee, hee, hee)

cliffwiggs wrote:

I got the impression that you thought that the units were moved from the players DUA who was converted upon.

Yep, I misread that, too tired while playing! (and the three beers didn't help that either Mr. Green Laughing) The rules are absolutely clear about this!

cliffwiggs wrote:

Other than obscure SAI's like Charm, unit's that you did not bring to the table do not end up on your side of the table.

......but it would have been a nasty idea Twisted Evil ! That's what vampires do, they change poor victims into vampire creatures by biting them! So it would be logic to turn the opponents units into Undead and to let them join the Undead army Twisted Evil Twisted Evil . Of course I know that this would make the "Convert" SAI too strong and dangerous! But I like that idea! Twisted Evil

cliffwiggs wrote:

Your answer made this perfectly clear, Cliff! Thank you!

www.dragondicer.com
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:04 am GMT    Post subject: Re: Undead rules Reply with quote

Die(ter) wrote:
cliffwiggs wrote:

Your answer made this perfectly clear, Cliff! Thank you!

Ah glad I could help. Database maintenance is done, so I'm going to bed. *yawn*
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:18 am GMT    Post subject: Re: Undead rules Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:

Ah glad I could help. Database maintenance is done, so I'm going to bed. *yawn*

To bed???? Shocked
It's 11:15 am (In Europe, of course Wink Laughing)!!!! The day just starts! (In my case with finishing a DD game we had to interrupt last night.
Firewalker against Undead, second take! Razz)

OK, it's 03:15 at your home, so you deserve to get your rest! Good night, Cliff!
(Ähhh...Oklahoma....should be 01:15 am then?? 03:15 am is NYC) Rolling Eyes not sure about your time zones and too lazy to look it up now Confused

www.dragondicer.com
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

In oklahoma it was 4AM
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Old Rules Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: