SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules for this forum topic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:59 am GMT    Post subject: Rules for this forum topic Reply with quote

Anyone can start an on-line game here. However, I expect people to follow the latest advanced rules in playing any games here. If you want to use variate rules, use the Themed Game topic instead. You may use any army construction restricts you want. For examples, see the event listings off the main website. The idea behind this topic is to do two things:
  1. Give good examples of game play
  2. Let players have fun playing Dragon Diceā„¢
For any rules questions, debate, etc., Cliff and I have the final say.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
anset
dragonsteed
Rep

belgium.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:41 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised, message removed.

Last edited by anset on Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:58 am GMT; edited 1 time in total
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:19 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

anset wrote:

One was the "game" thread. In there only the game itself was played. One post per "action".

The second companion thread then contained the fun and banter, and there also non-players could post.

Do you think it makes sense to post the funny stuff (which is mostly related to the actual action/situation) in another thread????Rolling Eyes????
The funny stuff wouldn't make any sense to the reader if he/she doesn't know what it is related to! So we would have the (boring to read??) game topic and the confusing (reference lacking) funny-stuff-topic. Confused
Just try to imagine that we would do that with other topics, too (just meant as a comparison, not a suggestion!). The funny comments between the topic related stuff wouldn't make any sense anymore! It's already difficult to relate some of the "moved" posts. You just don't know where they came from and what they are dealing with (I mean the posts which slide "off topic" during a conversation and get moved to the OT Topic).

Well, we could copy the whole game stuff after having finished the game (leaving out the funny stuff) and put it together as game-only-post and place it somewhere, but I'm not sure whether this would make sense either?? (just eats up space).

In fact, I don't mind reading the funny stuff between the actions, it makes it a little less "dry" to read and you can still follow pretty well what's happening in the game.

If I want to re-read other stuff in the forum, then I have to "work" myself through all the funny comments, too, until I find the information I'm looking for. Same story, no difference! Rolling Eyes

Just my personal opinion about this. Dunno what the others think??? Question

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:27 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a big "PLEASE" here: Very Happy

If you post your marches and roll results in your games, please mention the units involved!
That way we (the readers of the game) and you (the players) will be able to recognize mistakes much earlier!
It happened to me that I mixed up my opponent's Horde and Home during setup of the game and wasn't able to notice before almost the end of the game when suddenly a unit was mentioned which was (in my opinion) killed looong before!
In another game the opponents dice got accidentally mixed up. If you mention the dice in your marches, then it's easier to rearrange them after such a "desaster" Laughing.

I know it's a little more work to write down the units also but it helps in every way when playing online.

So, please, don't just write "I got 8 maneuvers" but "I got 3 maneuvers from these units and 5 IDs from these units".

You needn't to write that in every turn, if you don't want to, but if you do it regularly during the game it'll help! Playing online is sometimes a little more difficult than sitting at a real table.

Just a suggestion of mine! Smile

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:02 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless stated otherwise, all rolls are strictly on the honor system. You roll, and post the results. The amount of detail past the bare minimum is up to you (or in some cases the game rules).

Also unless otherwise stated, all games are standard 36-health constructed based on the most current rules in effect. If you want to use alternate construction or "house rules", clearly state them before the game starts.
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemon Diceā„¢ games are now welcome here as well as Dragon Diceā„¢.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:54 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
Daemon Diceā„¢™ games are now welcome here as well as Dragon Diceā„¢™.
I have some images online. I will be posting them as soon as I can generate all the BBCode required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> On-Line games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: