SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Storing Dragon Diceâ„¢
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
willpell
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:36 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently all of my dice are in ziploc bags, which I have scattered around me at this moment as I finish up a SIX-HOUR inventory and deckbuilding session (I say deckbuilding since I'm a Magic player and "force-building" sounds like it refers to weight training or something). I'm planning to pack them back into the UPS boxes that all the dice I order from SFR come in, but I will look into the tackle box someday, much as I hate to be a conformist. The idea of being able to reposition the dividers to precisely fit the dice is too good for me to pass up, assuming it works. (I'll test the box out by bringing in a bag of dice and painstakingly checking the sizes; this ought to earn me some amusing looks from the hardware store crew.)
Designer of Hybrid Dragon Breaths, the Enchant Element spell, new colored Dragonkin Breaths, and various homebrew races and dragons. If you want to know where to find them...good luck, I don't remember anymore.
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:19 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

willpell wrote:
(I'll test the box out by bringing in a bag of dice and painstakingly checking the sizes; this ought to earn me some amusing looks from the hardware store crew.)

A ruler might help! Wink
That's less amusing for others watching you, LOL.
BTW, Have them boxes big enough! It'll drive you crazy if the dice fit in perfectly but you can't get them out without turning the whole friggin' box upside down (I know what I'm talking about *blushes*)

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
willpell
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:33 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at tackle boxes today, but while many of them are adjustable, it's only within certain fixed parameters. I won't know for sure until I've brought in an arseload of dice and spent about an hour playing with the boxes to see what fits well, but one or another of the ones I saw should work well enough. Unfortunately I had no luck finding something that'd be good for shipping individual armies in, so I'll still be stuck with Ziploc bags for that. My armies are 49 health plus 16 of Dragonkin, and I always have at least a few rares or monsters, so it gets...strange. If I eyeball the size right, the smallest tackles they sell are a little too big for individual armies, plus buying 12 or more of them would get costly. Perhaps I can find something for 2 armies at a time.
Designer of Hybrid Dragon Breaths, the Enchant Element spell, new colored Dragonkin Breaths, and various homebrew races and dragons. If you want to know where to find them...good luck, I don't remember anymore.
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:26 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've split those tackle boxes up.
I never found boxes for bigger armies than 36 health without DK! All bigger boxes didn't fit!
So I bought LARGE Boxes to store complete Races, all terrains, all DK and so on.
I used the smaller ones for my armies and one big one including all Dragons and DK and terrains. That helped.

As far as shipment goes: everybody uses Zipbags! Sending dice in boxes would be a little expensive, unless somebody sends the empty box back (which I wouldn't expect).

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
willpell
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:35 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

By shipping I meant to and from game night. For dice trades, I don't imagine I'll have more than would fit in a little cardboard box full of newspaper.
willpell
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a new storage system lately which works better during active periods of army construction and play than the boxes the dice are packed into for storage. I went to the local department store (Target) and bought four 4-paks of cheap plastic bowls, total cost outlay was $12 (more than I'd hoped to pay, I should probably have tried a dollar store and found something similar for a third of the price), and brought them home and put each army into its own bowl. This way, I can make most or all of the dice visible at a glance without spreading them out flat, and when I need to play or edit the army, the bowl is easily dumped, instead of having to grab the dice by the handful out of a hardware box's compartments. It's the best system I've had yet, there's no need to stack the dice carefully to optomize their density, you just dump 'em in the bowl and are set to go.

The only problem is that there's no way to close the bowls for transport. I'm sure one can get tupperware bowls with lids, but they'd probably cost more, and usually are square rather than round, with the round being preferable for this. Still, they work well enough as long as the dice stay at home and I don't have a better use for the table the bowls are all sitting on.
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the deckboxes used for magic and other ccg's to be sturdy enough to carry a 36 point army. well if you leave out mage storm which I only have 1 box of.

it holds the army the dragons and the terrains.

It is quite good for the quick demo learning games and more serious battles without mage storm.

a few dice could be added like a lord or slayer but space is limited.

waiting for those cool SFR dicebags, talked about somewhere else on this forum, to hold the bigger armies.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:04 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchjohn wrote:
I have found the deckboxes used for magic and other ccg's to be sturdy enough to carry a 36 point army. well if you leave out mage storm which I only have 1 box of.

Jim wrote:
the 200 count makes a good battlefest box

the 50 count box is really 2 boxes...
this holds champions really nice.

250 holds uncommons 7x5 wide or 35 units in one layer

I also use "comic book bags" to store armies in, they roll up nicley and are not as loud.
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:25 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like these. that is better for my Ego Smile

oops this product no longer exists so no pic

Last edited by dutchjohn on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:39 pm GMT; edited 1 time in total
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using tins from the Redemption CCG, which hold a 36 health army with Magestorm (kin and minors), and my Battlefest all-Slayer army with some room to spare. I had to find some use for them, since two of the last three expansions have been pre-selected tin sets, so I have 19 of the on my shelf. Smile
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:33 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already said that my permanent collection is in tackle boxes, but when I make an army I use different methods. this year I used mailing tubes just to be different.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also store my dice in 100 CD spindle containers...
this I use when I build armies.

At one point I had visions of getting 4 sets of at least 1 of everything...
after the unseelie..that dream died...
thus I started breaking into my sets to build and archive armies.
Battlefest has been depleting my Firewalkers...
so I'll have to start collecting them again.

But before that I had an overflow cabinet that was used to have the races divided up within the pull out drawers...
this is my go to place when I can't find what I'm looking for in the CD containers.

So basically I have sets.
Then an overflow cabinet.
Then the CD spindles.

So when I build... I use this order
cd spindles/overflow cabinet/sets

So at this point...If I could get another Unseelie..I probably would have 2 sets. (one of everything)
But of course then there are the acolytes. Mr. Green
Oh yeah...and I need another Unicorn. Confused
Um...I think that's it....for now anyways.
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:21 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one is pretty good to.

the deck pouch of ultra pro number 82073

I have seen one and I asked the guy to check if my army of firewalkers and frostwings including dragonkin and soforth would fit.

Easily is the conclusion and the inside is of a hard sort of plastic which keeps the pouch in form but is not that hard as to damage dice.
live4redline
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to wallmart and bought some tackle bags from the fishing section that are great for a larger collection. Comes with 4 separating cases in a sturdy over the shoulder bag for easy storage and travel. Has plenty of pockets to throw a dice bag in on the side and can even fit your cheat sheets, mats, and spell cards.

If your not worried about separating your dice by ID and just seperate them by rarity instead you can fit two races, each with 32 rares, 36 uncommons, 72 commons, 24 monsters for a total of 328 dice per box.

The bags came in camo or blue... I opted for camo cause for one it doesn't look as nerdy and two it only seemed fitting for my armies to come out of a goblin colored army camo bag.

Last edited by live4redline on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:16 am GMT; edited 1 time in total
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:14 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchjohn wrote:
this one is pretty good to.

the deck pouch of ultra pro number 82073

I have seen one and I asked the guy to check if my army of firewalkers and frostwings including dragonkin and soforth would fit.

Easily is the conclusion and the inside is of a hard sort of plastic which keeps the pouch in form but is not that hard as to damage dice.

I have 2 of these as well. They are great. Not to store but to have your ready for duty army in.
live4redline
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:35 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ ^ Pics added.

Ya but nothing beats the old fashion dice bag.

Or if your an ex-alcoholic like me, you can rock a couple of purple Crown Royal bags tossed in with some vintage hand made DnD Bags you made 15-20 some years ago from some old t-shirt cloth and some shoe strings.

DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champion Box:

I found the 250 box is perfect for the Champions. (Ultra Pro)

It holds 6 across

and 4 rows

and 3 layers high

so you can have:

a row of masters plus the lord
a row of hunters plus the slayer
a row of zealots plus the crusader
and finally a row of dragonkin champions plus a Kings' die.

The 3 layers high can allow different plastics like TSR versions if you want.
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with redline on this one. Who doesn't sport the crown royals? I myself am a rum man and yep I have a couple capt. mo bags.

What I do is have all the bigger bags contain the whole of that stuff. (i.e. one for each army, one for terrain and one for magic items) and I use the TSR DD bags to put together my armies before a meet up. Unfortunately I am going to turn to a tacklebox soon due to the fact that I am outta bags.....
paulvonscott
dragonmount

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:54 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK we have something called 'Really useful Boxes' which are variously sized plastic boxes that range from the tiny to the huge. Similar sized ones stack. They have two clips which hold them closed.

I currently use three 12litre boxes. Inside each of those fits neatly eight pencil case sized boxes, each containing a single race. I have a slightly larger box for my favourite race, the dwarves, and I have smaller boxes for some of the special dice.

I am currently going to have to invest in another 12l box as my collection seems to be mutating out of the ones they are in. Though I may get away with a 9l box. For now...
sweetberlinetta
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use tackle boxes for my collection I collect 10 of each common 6 of each uncommon 4 of each rare and 3 of each monster I then sort the by size i fit 3 races per box dragon kin are some by color a box of 3 and a box of 2 same with accolytes and magic item artifacts. Terrains in one box split based soon face I collect four of each same with minnors . Hunters and masters each have there own box split by sfr tsr promo zealots are in a box with the kings die and gold silver bronze medallions. All of my extras are stored in little plastic totes which I then put all of that in a big tote makes for one heavy tote but good storage. For going to games I bring my battle box with original dice bags from tsr. For playing online I use the same tackle box I store my dice in and I divide it out home frontier dead. buried horde summoning pool reserves. I can post some pics later if anyone wants to see. My brother collects 20 10 6 4 and uses same tackle boxes but only one army per box and only one color of kin and accolyte
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Help - Dragon Dice™ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: