SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Killing a dragon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Old Rules Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wuxia
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Killing a dragon Reply with quote

On the bottom of page 33 in the advanced rules it states:

If an army slays one or more dragons, it may promote as many units as possible.

I'm not quite sure what this means. Is it a reward for killing a dragon?
Since initial effects take place prior to dragon attacks, any normal promotion would have already taken place. I may have this completely wrong. Someone please help the inexperienced!
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the section "Promotion" on pages 30-31. If you still have questions after reading that, ask away.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado USA "My dice are higher than your dice!"

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: Killing a dragon Reply with quote

wuxia wrote:
On the bottom of page 33 in the advanced rules it states:
If an army slays one or more dragons, it may promote as many units as possible.
I'm not quite sure what this means. Is it a reward for killing a dragon?
Since initial effects take place prior to dragon attacks, any normal promotion would have already taken place. I may have this completely wrong. Someone please help the inexperienced!

You're right, it's a reward.

It's not refering to city promotions or the treasure chest icon. When the dragon is slain, if you have units in the DUA that allow you to promote, you can make as many as are possible.

The biggest misconception with this that I've encountered (among newer players in the Guild), is that they can do promotions until all they have left in the DUA is one health units. A unit that has been promoted cannot promote again. Example: You promote a 1h unit into a 2h unit in the DUA. That 2h unit may not promote to a 3h unit in the same action. However, if you have a 2h unit already in your army, that one could promote. 3h units can promote to monsters, something I always found a little odd. Much like Steve.

Wow, rereading that I almost confuse myself. Anybody else want to take a shot at it? Confused

(Ten seconds after posting I see Chuck answered. I should know better than to try and answer rules questions. He's always lurking nearby!)

Most people are like Slinkies ...
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:21 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3h units can promote to monsters, something I always found a little odd. Much like Steve.

And there's something even odder, much like Joe Smile Dragonkin are a separate race, and may promote to a 1h larger kin OF ANY COLOR. That's right, you can promote a 1h blue kin to a 2h red kin, etc. It's a good reason not to use all 1h kin in your pool, since there are a few game effects, such as dragon slaying, that allow you to promote units.

And, don't forget, you can't promote after killing a dragon if you have a Dragonhunter/Dragonslayer in your army.
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wuxia
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. I completely overlooked that section.

I guess that could work against you when sending a dragon. A possible easy kill for an opponent, and they end up with a bigger and better army at that terrain. I just love how much strategy is in this game.

So no promotions when having a dragonhunter/dragonslayer even when the dragon has dished out damage. Another tidbit to store (and hopefully remember). Thanks guys Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Old Rules Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: